Boku Original Super Protein
21.2 oz. (20 servings)
• Super Protein OG is our foundational plant-based, vegan protein powder
• 18 grams of protein per serving
• Amino acids you need to stay strong and active
• Built from the natural plant-based protein sources of sprouted brown rice, red dulse and cranberry seed
• Easily digested and utilized, and most importantly effective
With 18 grams of protein per serving, Super Protein OG matches up gram for gram with leading whey protein powders. Unlike whey protein, our 100% plant-based protein powder is free of lactose and casein, common food allergens, antibiotics and hormones, making it the safe protein choice to enjoy daily. In addition, we uphold the highest standards when sourcing our ingredients, making us one of the few certified organic, non-GMO protein powders.
When to take:
• BōKU Super Protein OG is great to take at ANY time of the day!
• It can be used as part of a meal replacement or an addition to a meal.
• Use anytime you need to satisfy hunger and add protein to your diet.
How to take:
• Quickly boost your protein levels by adding Super Protein OG into your favorite smoothie or shake, or get creative and add to your morning hot cereal, yogurt, pancakes or baking recipes.
• Its taste is naturally sweet and pleasant, and pairs well with a few of our other products including Super Fuel, Super Food, Super Berries and Matcha Powder.
Our product is certified organic which means:
Here at BōKU®, we firmly believe in the power of whole, healing foods. When it comes to organic food versus non-organic, the choice is easy for us. For something to be Certified Organic, it has to meet certain criteria that we believe all food should be upheld to.
To be certified organic the food must…
– Contain NO GMO’s! What’s a GMO you ask? It stands for Genetically Modified Organism. We could really go on all day about why we do not want them in our products, and especially do not want to feed them to our wonderful customers. To learn more about GMO’s, see our FAQ “What is a GMO?”
– Be grown and harvested in a safe and sustainable manner, with NO artificial fertilizers, NO artificial pesticides and NO irradiation!
– Contain NO artificial flavors, colors or preservatives!
Why else should you choose organic?
– Organic agriculture preserves natural resources and biodiversity.
– It supports animal health and welfare (for meat products, certified organic means they have not be subjected to growth hormones or harmful antibiotics).
Organic foods have been shown to have better nutritional value than conventionally grown food.
None of our products contain protein isolates. Protein isolates are processed with extra heat and/or chemicals to obtain a higher percentage of protein. The quality of the protein is typically harmed in this process. That is why we decided to keep ours au’ naturel!
This is called a “sachet” or “desiccant” and it is there solely to remove any moisture that may get into your product after you reseal it. Don’t worry, our sachets/desiccants are made our of natural clay. This means in the off chance it should open up in your product, there is absolutely no cause for alarm. These should be left as-is in your product to keep it at optimal freshness.
Dr. BJ Adrezin: “The brown rice goes through a unique process of sprouting and fermentation. The protein is then extracted using a low temperature process. The protein is then milled to a very fine powder. All of these processes contribute to increased bio-availability, easier digestion and absorption by consumers.”
For those seeking a protein boost to their diet, BōKU® Super Protein powder can provide a regular source of quality organic protein. Although individual protein needs vary, many people can use BōKU® Super Protein to augment their busy schedules throughout the week.
No, it does not. There is less sugar in one serving than 1/2 of a banana has. Organic Vermont Maple Syrup contains valuable minerals. In traditional medicine, tree saps (including maple) are considered quite strengthening for the body. In terms of diabetes, I encourage my diabetic patients to test their blood sugar if they are not sure how food will react for them.
Ideally, we would all get sufficient high quality protein from our diets. Unfortunately, many people eat a lot of very poor quality protein that can be damaging to their bodies. Many people can’t digest the protein they do consume and the results can be uncomfortable and potential toxic. For many people, an easy to digest, highly absorbable protein powder can be a great support for their health.
The main benefit of adding BōKU® Super Protein to BōKU® Super Food is enjoying a large quantity of highly absorbable, delicious and organic protein along with the full-spectrum of phytonutrients and other highly potent properties of BōKU® Super Food.
There are 18 grams of protein and 10 grams of total carbohydrates in a 30 gram serving.
Our organic certified, whole grain brown rice protein is sprouted to significantly increase its nutritional density. It is considered a raw food and is hypoallergenic. It has the full spectrum of amino acids and is very highly absorbable. Soy and whey proteins can be significant allergens. Soy is quite controversial for its anti–nutrients and potential hormonal effects. Additionally, many soy and whey proteins are heated to very high temperatures during their production which can potentially create a protein that’s less than healthy. Hemp protein has many beneficial properties but its intense taste is hard for many people to stomach.